Saturday, May 30, 2015

Sloppy Jose'

Sloppy Jose'
Mike Simonsen

This is an original recipe that occurred to me after several shots of Cuervo Gold chased down with Margaritas. It's a cross between nachos and Sloppy Joe's. I actually wrote the recipe before I ever made it. Then adjusted to taste after a bit of experimentation. The best thing about it is it's a new way to utilize leftover Sloppy Joe meat.

I confess, I'm not a big fan of leftovers. I put things away in containers and fully intend to eat it the next day, but more often than not, I make something fresh and eventually the leftovers go in the trash on garbage day.

Sloppy Jose assembled and ready for the microwave
Ingredients
20-30 Taste of Lime nacho chips
1/3 lb of leftover Sloppy Joe meat
1/4 red onion diced
1/4 red or orange bell pepper diced
6-12 Jalapeño slices
3/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend

Directions (single serve)
1. Arrange nacho chips in a single layer on a microwavable plate
2. Distribute Sloppy Joe meat evenly across chips
3. Sprinkle cheese over chips and meat
4. Add onion, bell pepper and Jalapeño slices
5. Microwave for two minutes
6. Consume with your favorite beverage

I don't eat it with salsa. I think the Sloppy Joe meat adds enough tomato-based flavor.


No comments:

Post a Comment