Friday, April 15, 2016

Five-Ingredient Spinach Dip Quiche

This dish is so easy to make and it looked good, so I tried it. I would say adjust the cooking temperature up to 350 degrees and go the full 35 minutes cooking time. Also be sure to use a deep dish pie crust (not specified in the recipe). I ended up making two smaller quiches in regular pie crusts.

Results? I was slightly underwhelmed with the taste. It is surprisingly salty. Perhaps because I used a spinach artichoke dip as well as regular spinach dip. (I swear that is what Jeff Mauro said to use on TV) It did help me power through a kettle bell class this morning, but I don't know if I'll make it again. If I do I will probably just use regular spinach dip and see what happens.

Frankly, if I'm going to the trouble to make quiche I am going to make my favorite Sausage and Apple Quiche.

Five-Ingredient Spinach Dip Quiche
Recipe courtesy of Jeff Mauro

Total Time: 55 min
Prep: 5 min
Inactive: 15 min
Cook: 35 min
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Level: Easy

Ingredients
5 large eggs
1 cup store-bought spinach dip
3/4 cup half-and-half
1/2 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 store-bought frozen pie crust

Directions
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
Whisk the eggs in a large bowl until smooth. Whisk in the spinach dip, half-and-half, cheese, salt and pepper.
Fill the pie crust with the egg mixture and bake until golden brown, 25 to 35 minutes. Let rest for 15 minutes to set, then cut and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment